At work I focus on native mobile development, and related infrastructure, for iOS (and sometimes Android). I’ve been working at iZettle, as a Senior Software Engineer, for around a year. Previously, I worked at FanDuel for around three years.
I also write blog posts about my projects, software engineering, and life in general:
- Meet Adopt Animals - A New Adoption Listing Platform 🎉
- Over-engineering bunnies.io 🐰
- Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home Apps Released! 🐶🐱🎉
Stuff I’ve Made
I founded and chair Kale Charity with the aims of creating, advising and promoting tech for good causes. Our main project is Adopt Animals - an aggregator for shelter listings, with the aim of giving even the smallest shelters a great place to showcase animals needing forever homes.
I made apps for The Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home showcasing the cute animals they currently have up for adoption. As far as we know, it’s one of the first of its kind in the UK! The announcement blog post has more details. Get it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Willow Chat is a chat related ecosystem in active development, including:
- Thump, a Minecraft chat multiplexer with an IRC plugin made using Warren and Kale), that lets users chat with players in-game, and vice-versa
- Warren, IRCv3 state management
- Kale, IRCv3 parsing, serialising and helpers
- Hopper, an IRCv3 bouncer using REST endpoints and websockets
Some things I used to work on include: