I enjoy making software which has an impact, written largely in Swift, and Kotlin. My focus at the moment is on Adopt Animals, an animal adoption platform made by Kale Charity, which I founded and chair.
I also write blog posts about my projects, software engineering, and life in general:
- Powering iOS, Android and web experiences with a backend-for-frontend
- Meet Adopt Animals - A New Adoption Listing Platform 🎉
- Over-engineering bunnies.io 🐰
- Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home Apps Released! 🐶🐱🎉
- Pragmatic Vegetarianism and More Ethical Meat Eating
Stuff I’ve Made
I founded and chair Kale Charity with the aims of creating, advising on, and promoting, tech for good causes. Our main project is Adopt Animals - an animal adoption platform, with the aim of giving even the smallest shelters a great place to showcase animals needing forever homes. Its API powers Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home’s apps, described below.
I made apps for The Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home showcasing the cute animals they currently have up for adoption. As far as we know, it’s one of the first of its kind in the UK! The announcement blog post has more details. Get it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Some things I used to work on include:
- MultiMC, a popular Minecraft launcher
- EnderTech, a Minecraft mod
- Fractal Maps, my Honours project, for interactively exploring the Mandelbrot and Julia sets
Willow Chat was a chat related ecosystem in active development, including: